Call Us: 503-284-3575
Lorin W. Rice, DMD
Reed T. Hall, DDS
Ted R. Rask DMD
2824 NE Wasco, Suite 210
Portland, OR 97232
At Home Whitening
Teeth Whitening trays
Our office can provide you with a home teeth whitening system that can get your teeth many shades whiter! The active ingredient is carbamide peroxide which comes in different concentrations (17% and 22%).
- Your dentist will help you determine which strength will best suit your needs. Peroxide containing whiteners typically come in a gel and are placed in custom fit trays that fit over your teeth.
- The trays are worn for one hour each day until the desired color of teeth is achieved; 10-14 days is the typical time needed.
- The whitening process will continue to work until your desired tooth color is met.
About the process:
- First, your dentist will examine your teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy and determine if you are a good candidate for home whitening.
- Fillings and crowns will not change color with whitening but can be replaced after whitening but can be replaced after whitening to match, if desired.
- Then, a dental assistant will take an alginate impression of both your upper and lower teeth.
- We will schedule another appointment for you in a few days to pick up your whitening kit.
- During that 2nd appointment, an assistant will take a current shade of your teeth and make sure the whitening trays fit properly, while giving you verbal instructions for home whitening.
- You will leave the office with a home whitening kit, along with written instructions, and your impression models if you so desire.
- At home, you begin the whitening process and may call our office with any questions or concerns.