Call Us: 503-284-3575
Lorin W. Rice, DMD
Reed T. Hall, DDS
Ted R. Rask DMD
2824 NE Wasco, Suite 210
Portland, OR 97232
- It is not uncommon for your teeth to feel sensitive after whitening.
- To avoid sensitivity, do not wear your teeth whitening trays overnight to avoid overexposure of the whitening gel on the gums.
- Drinking particularly hot or cold beverages may trigger the sensitivity so it is best to avoid these if your teeth are already sensitive.
- Using Sensodyne toothpaste or a high fluoride toothpaste may help alleviate some sensitivity; however any sensitivity should subside after a day or two.
- Also, after removing your whitening trays, avoid staining food or liquids (coffee, tea, wine) for at least one half hour.