Call Us: 503-284-3575
Lorin W. Rice, DMD
Reed T. Hall, DDS
Ted R. Rask DMD
2824 NE Wasco, Suite 210
Portland, OR 97232
Offering Teeth Whitening / ZOOM! in Portland, OR
While professional cleanings twice a year and regular brushing can remove surface staining, tooth whitening goes beyond the surface. Your teeth have tiny microscopic tubules that over time collect stain, especially as we mature in age. If you decide you would like to go beyond regular care to make your smile brighter, please discuss your options with your dentist.
Laurelwood Dental offers both home whitening products as well as in-office whitening. The difference is in the amount of time it takes for your teeth to whiten to your desired shade. Call us at (503) 284-3575 to schedule your appointment today!
In Office Whitening:
Zoom! is a revolutionary teeth-whitening procedure that is safe, effective and very fast! In a little over an hour your teeth will be dramatically lighter, at least six to ten shades lighter. Zoom! teeth whitening gel is a scientifically formulated hydrogen peroxide that when activated by laser light, penetrates your teeth to remove deep stains and discoloration. With proper care and an occasional touch-up at home, your beautiful whiter smile will sparkle for years!
About the process:
- To prepare for Zoom! Whitening, your dentist will examine your teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy.
- Fillings and crowns will not change color with whitening but can be replaced after whitening to match, if desired.
- Your lips and gums will be covered with an isolation material, called a dental dam, to protect them during treatment.
- Then, we apply the Zoom! whitening gel, which is activated by the Zoom! light source. The gel and light work together to gently break up the stains on your teeth.
- After three 15-minute applications within one hour, you rinse and the treatment is complete…leaving you with a brighter, whiter smile!
Learn more about Zoom! on their web site at http://www.zoomnow.com.
At Home Whitening:
Teeth Whitening trays
Our office can provide you with a home whitening system that can get your teeth many shades whiter! The active ingredient is carbamide peroxide which comes in several different concentrations (11%, 16% and 22%).
- Your dentist will help you determine which strength will best suit your needs. Peroxide containing whiteners typically come in a gel and are placed in custom fit trays that fit over your teeth.
- The trays are worn for one hour each day until the desired color of teeth is achieved; 10-14 days is the typical time needed.
- The whitening process will continue to work until your desired tooth color is met.
About the process:
- First, your dentist will examine your teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy and determine if you are a good candidate for home whitening.
- Fillings and crowns will not change color with whitening but can be replaced after whitening but can be replaced after whitening to match, if desired.
- Then, a dental assistant will take an alginate impression of both your upper and lower teeth.
- We will schedule another appointment for you in a few days to pick up your whitening kit.
- During that 2nd appointment, an assistant will take a current shade of your teeth and make sure the whitening trays fit properly, while giving you verbal instructions for home whitening.
- You will leave the office with a home whitening kit, along with written instructions, and your impression models if you so desire.
- At home, you begin the whitening process and may call our office with any questions or concerns.
Call our Portland, OR Dental Office to learn more about teeth whitening.